Monday, August 12, 2013

The dreaded long email... AHHHHH!



THIS WEEK I WROTE DOWN A LIST SO I WILL BE PRODUCTIVE AND I WILL USE MY TIME WISELY... then I left it at the apartment.

Just kidding. I just know all of y'all were expecting it. :) I am in a good mood. I fell like 96% of the time on a mission I am in a good mood. What a blessing. :) I just love being a missionary. I feel like the little YouTube kid... YOU CAN RIDE A BIKE! (Eli, show Mom what I am talking about) except "YOU CAN SERVE A MISSION!" Rock and roll everybody. :) :)
This week, because we live so close to the temple, we decided to use it to our advantage. We took Tony on a temple tour (with a couple of our members, one being a recent [one week] convert, and the other a returned missionary from none other than PORTLAND, Oregon Mission[Daniel Hernandez if you want to talk to our missionaries abut him. We knew a lot of the same missionaries]) and we talked about the Plan of Salvation. We started in the entry way of the front door and talked about Pre-Earth life. We walked slowly around the temple and talked about our purpose here on Earth and families and Adam and Eve and all that wonderful, spiritual jazz. In the back there is a small fountain and there we talked about baptisms for the dead. (https://www.lds.org/topics/baptisms-for-the-dead?lang=eng) He lost his brother a few days over a year ago and the spirit was tangible. He bore his testimony of how true the church is and he also said he will do whatever it takes to be baptized! We spent a little bit of time in the atrium afterward and he said he loves the peace that comes from simply being there. WOO.
We also went to the temple on Wednesday, just Sister Coltrin and I. It was the first time I have gone in a long time and it was so nice to sit and talk about our investigators, less active members we are working with and all the people we have yet to find, but need to. I loved being there bonding with her and also coming closer to my Father in Heaven. I love knowing how much He loves all of us.
I also thought about you, family! :) I love you and miss you very much.
OH! Another terrible thing happened this week. Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream was on sale at Smiths and we bought 10 points to stock up... and our stock is dwindling. What a sad day it is when you look in the freezer and realize there are elves sneaking into your apartment, dirtying up spoons eating your ice cream...
:( Looks like we'll have to get more. This week has been so fattening. We have had Pizza Hut's stuffed crust pizza, Little Ceasers, Apple Bees, and Olive Garden. That's what happens in singles wards... no one cooks so you eat out. :P Anyways... I will just be really fat when I come home. Who cares anyways?? :P
Last P day we had Mega Dart Wars with the whole zone of missionaries. It was so fun. We set up a little course in the gym and blasted music over the intercom thing. I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard. There are so many fun things to do and also so many hard things to accomplish as missionaries. I love that we take a few hours to just let it all out! :)
This week should be good, we have a lot of appointments and a lot of plans! Our singles are also having a lot of activities to invite investigators and potentials to. We are feeling a lot of support from the members.
OH! and traffic was stopped for us! #princessswag!
We were pulling out of our apartment exit and there was a giant accident literally right at the end of it. We just put the car into park and rolled our eyes, about to call our appointment to let them know we are going to be late when the cop walks up to us. "Hey Sisters" YESSS. The police man was a member and he recognized our bike rack. He talked a little about how he is sad he is less active than he should be. And he said "Sisters, do you have somewhere to be?" Then he proceeded to STOP all of the traffic with his hand and wave us through. It was cool. Also, it is amazing how much people tell you when you barely know them. :)
I love you all! I hope all things are going well and that you are keeping your covenants! Have a fabulous week, and EMAIL ME! :)
~Smiles from Sunrise
Sister Fields!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment