Monday, January 13, 2014

Round 4. DING DING DING!



Sister Molly Fields
Nevada Las Vegas Mission
9270 S Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, Nevada 89123
By the way... when you write me, that's my address ;) K? K.
Well this has just been the longest week of my life that is for sure. It was so crazy. Last P day we mostly tied up loose ends with Sister Pierson and her friends she made in the ward. We ate lunch at Winter's house, and dinner at the Schwankies. I seriously love them. FHE was a little birthday party for her. It was kind of sad to see her go, but I know that we will be friends forever. She has taught me to breathe. She taught me to take a 10 second break so the next 10 hours will go well. I seriously love that girl to death. I will write her, and we will be roomies after the mish... I'm gonna have a lot of those now. :P
On Tuesday morning we had transfers. Because Sister Pierson had to be in her new area (haha. Her new companion's name is Sister Area... legit) in the morning and I didn't get a new companion until Wednesday at 4pm, I was just planning on hopping around between people to be able to get to my appointments. We had to drop a car off at the mission office and when we walked in I saw none other than my first companion Sister Berger. I love that girl!! She explained how she was little stressed being DT'd (double transferred) into an area, and waiting for her trainee by hopping through companions. WOO HOO! We were companions for almost 2 days!! On Tuesday night we had a pass off lesson with some Elders in Central. The lesson went incredibly well. We testified about the importance of reading the Book of Mormon and how it could change her life. The light in her eyes proved to us that she already knew that what we were saying was true. :) She texted us and told us later that she had read, and wanted to know what she should read next. I am kind of disappointed that we have not been able to see her since then, but we will soon!
We spent most of Wednesday going through Sister Berger's area book and area map and appointments and things like that. I thought it was fun. (OKAY>>> Here's for the funny side story. I am literally laughing while typing this. So Sister Berger was being DT'd into the Assistants ward and so we had their car, apartment, area, old things... everything! There was a moment that I was driving because Sister Berger forgot her license somewhere. Anyways, all of the SUDDEN! she yells "OH MY GOODNESS!!! THIS IS THE BEST THING OF MY LIFE!!!"
I look over to discover that the APs had left their CTR rings in the cup holder and one of them fit perfectly on Sister Berger's finger. She handed the other to me and we almost DIED laughing when it slipped perfectly onto my finger. We continued all day long randomly laughing at the power of the AP rings. I swear to you they made us fearless and invincible. That could possibly have been one of my favorite moments of my mission.)
Wednesday I picked up Sister Kelepi! She is so awesome!!!! She is from Florida, but grew up in California and is Tongan, Fijian, Hawaiian, and Samoan! She is super shy when you first meet her,  but once she breaks out of her shell you find a beautiful butterfly just ready to baptize the entirety of the people that we can! :) She is 23 and sings and dances. Her sense of humor is quiet and dignified. She is ready to learn and love these people that we teach!! Literal best everyone!

That night we had a church tour with a guy named Joe. He is super legit! I seriously know that this guy is a tender mercy sent to us. He, in his closing prayer, asked God to allow him to join His church. It took all of my self will to hold back the biggest smile of my life!! He is incredible!
Also, Aaron our investigator that dropped off the face of the Earth called us and came to church! :) It seriously made my life!
I have just had a grand week. I pray the same for all of you!
OH. And Andrew Larsen is sitting behind me right now emailing his family! When two worlds collide...

Still smilin' in Sunrise!
Sister Fields!
:):):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment