Monday, January 27, 2014

{insert script} -ure



OH these past two weeks have been crazy. Not really anything out of the ordinary but mostly a lot of things to do. I love it. Training is a weird thing because there really is no shallow end to throw your companion into. She is amazing though. Sister Kelepi is such a fast learner. Also, she... I don't know how to explain it because it has never happened for me, you know when people say that someone has a contagious laugh? SHE DOES. Honestly no matter what I am doing I HAVE to laugh when she does. It is uncontrollable. Which sometimes can get us into trouble. She laughs at my jokes (which I constantly crack, life's boring with out them) and I end up laughing too. Then she laughs because I laugh. And we are both laughing. And the cycle continues until something happens... I love her. She is a little piece of my heart! Anyways...
Leilani's baptism was awesome! And a few days after we were able to take her to the Family History Center to start working on her family so she will be able to do baptisms for the dead. (Questions? https://www.lds.org/topics/baptisms-for-the-dead?lang=eng) She called her grandma and learned so many things about her life! She called her mom and found out where her middle name came from. I just loved being next to her making all these discoveries. She knows that things are going to be hard for her because of her life change, but she is doing an amazing job of surrounding herself with things that will bless and help her!
Our ward is doing really well getting pumped about missionary work! They are all learning new methods to use every week. In Relief Society Meeting there is this thing called Missionary Moment. One sister is assigned to plan for a missionary experience, have it, and report to the other sisters. I love it because I love to see the sisters TRYING to share the happiness that they have with their coworkers and friends! The church is true. I know it. I know they know it and I want them to tell everyone! :) That is a little vent. I am just happy that people are starting to get it. Took 'em long enough. I have been here for 7 months!
OH EXCITING THING THAT HAPPENED. I WENT TO RUGBY 7 AND GOT IN FOR FREEEEE! I will tell the whole story.
So we got 3 texts from the APs:
"This message was sent to all the Polynesian missionaries and their companions."
"There will be a meeting with President Neider at 1pm on Saturday for all those who are going to the Rugby 7."
"Please bring plenty of Mormon.org cards and a notebook. Missionaries will pay their own way."

Sister Kelepi said that she knew what it was and that it would be fun but that it was really expensive. We went to a members house so they could Google it for us and get more information. Apparently TICKETS ARE $80 and people, members especially, come from all around the world to watch the championship. We are supposed to go and talk to everyone we see and ask for referrals of people they know that we (meaning missionaries) could teach. We talked and talked about it and decided we would go. AND IT WAS AWESOME!
We left at 9:15 in the morning to leave for another set of sisters houses and carpooled with them. We went to the meeting and we were told a few rules and our objective. Then we headed off! The stadium was about 20 minutes away. We talked in the parking lot about what we were going to do. As we were walking into the arena there were booths upon booths upon booths that were set up selling T shirts, food, collectables, and tons of little island-y things. We were totally in a completely different world than missionary work. We went up to the gate to check the prices- $85. There is no way we are going to pay to get in there... We were kind of just lingering outside the front when this Samoan man drives up
"Looks like a zone conference!" This man was so funny. He asked us all where we were from, what we were doing there, and a few other things. Then he said "Why don't you go in sisters?" We explained our problem... WHEN HE PROCEEDS TO WHIP OUT 6 TICKETS FOR ALL OF US SISTERS!! It was the best moment ever! We felt like celebrities! And we worked real hard inside! My feet are still a little sore... I loved it. Oh how I loved that day.

Anyways. I hope all is well in the 5OH3!
I love you!
Still smiling in Sunrise
Sister Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment