Monday, April 28, 2014

My mission is just one big YOLO.



Due to a little incident I am hanging out in Black Mountain Stake. I am sure that I will be back to Anthem soon, probably later today. BUT.. Let me tell you about my crazy week.
Last Monday was Sister Stoker's birthday. It was a fun day full of fast blessings. Mom- thank you so much for the pedicures. The three of us felt SO pampered!! :) I loved to be able to spoil her...  and get a little spoiled myself. 
This week I wasn't feeling very good so we were in for a day. Needless-to-say, my eyebrow are tweezed, the house is clean, the area book is updated, the sisters we go on exchanges with all have little gifts in the mail and more! haha. I am feeling much better now. I am actually grateful I got sick when I did because now I am able to be on my A-game for Sister Tu! I love to be here with her and to help. 
Last week we went on 3 exchanges and we worked real hard! I want to write about something that happened a few weeks ago though- I was able to go to the temple to do baptisms for the dead with recent converts from Lake Havasu! SEVEN people I taught were there. Jackie just cried and cried as she performed a sacred ordinance for her mother, aunt, and grandmother. She is such an example of diligence. She dove head first into being a member of Christ's church and there is no stopping her. I look up to her! I want to regain the excitement that I had for LIVING the gospel, not just sharing it.
Anyways. So many people that I love were there. I remembered a piece of my family. 
All of my thoughts are scatter-brained because of a swirling that has happened to me and my companion. I will be able to sit down next week and unload to all of you, I am sure. Until then I am working hard to get lots and lots of work done!
I love this gospel. I love Sister Stoker, I love the leaders in this mission and I am beyond grateful for all the learning I have done here in Las VEGAS!

~Sister Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment