Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Doncha kno?



What a wonderful week we have had. Last Preparation Day we played tennis at four o'clock... it was a little warm outside. Luckily I don't think it got any higher than 118* that day. However, our car was in the sun for that hour and was 180* when we got in it. That is less than pleasant! My face was super red but I have yet to sun burn. it is actually quite a miracle.

We have been doing a LOT better with coordinating members to have them at all the lessons we teach. We have over 22 ward missionaries now so it's crazy and awesome. Our Ward Mission Leader has two assistants and a secretary. We have a ward dinner thing we do now. There is an active family that invites a less active family or two to their house for dinner, along with their visiting or home teachers. When this happens people are able to make friendships outside of the chapel. The point is to bond our ward, our community, and to bring the lost souls back. People come to Havasu to hide. They think that they can go under the radar and get away from the church , or family, or friends... That's not how our Heavenly Father would want things. He wants us all to work together to be "fishers of men." It is our responsibility to be friends to those people who live near us. " Love thy neighbor as thy self."

Joe and Marilyn Thayer are set for baptism on the 29th of this month. I am super excited, and so are they. They are anxious to have the Holy Ghost as a constant companion, and also to go to the temple. We had two amazing lessons with them this week, and they decided that they are ready. They are willing to make all the changes in their life to receive the blessings the Lord and our God has in store for them. One thing they were really worried about was tithing. They said they barely make it by now and they are afraid of what would happen. Marilyn said "I don't know how we are going to do it.... Just that we are." What strong faith they have! I love being able to see the change in them! I can't wait to see them in all white! :)

Saturday was Sister Pence's 28th birthday. I love to surprise people and to gift them but you can't relay do that when you have to always be within sight and sound. I bought her an ice cream cake last P-Day and just put it in the freezer hoping she would forget about it. I also wrapped all the little gifts I made her (It was a binder I decorated with a collage and a framed Living Christ with "My commission is to do what he wants done" modge-podged on it. It was actually pretty cute!) in Christmas paper I found in the garage and put it under a Christmas tree I also found out there! It was so small... I'm pretty sure it was just a piece of a bigger fake tree. I sang "We wish you a merry BIRTHDAY" and brought out the hot chocolate. I also woke her up at 4:15 in the morning and sang "Happy birth time to youuuuuuu" with the ice cream cake and a candle. I know she was a little worried about how things would go being on a mission and having a birthday but I would say it was A-OK. The Haucks took us to dinner at Red Robin. YUMM! We also had tons of success in the field. It was SO SWEET! :)

Kiel got the Priesthood Sunday morning and he blessed the sacrament. It was such a humbling experience seeing him up on the stand. How happy he is! I love being a missionary. I love sharing the joy that comes from living the commandments of God. I love... GAH! I just love the gospel.

OH! And I sprang my wrist. Probably just too much knocking doors and shaking hands. ;) But whatever it takes! Ice and the pain is virtually gone. Really, I'm fine. Just wearing an ace bandage in all my pictures :P Probably not pretty purple and bruised like Mom.

Let me know how all of you are! :) What is trending on twitter?
I love you!! :)

~HUGS FROM HAVASU
Sister Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment