Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello June! Where did you come from?? It was March yesterday...

 Family History Sleep over
 MTC Stocker Molly
 Elders Solarzano and Moreno and Sister Fields and Berger. We went on a hike on April 29th
This is Lauren Rasmussen and me at the MTC.



Tonight at nine (or maybe, like 9:24ish.. we always run late) I have officially been a missionary for three moths.

Where has the time gone?
Oh my gosh.

Weird.
HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT"S COURTNEY"S BIRTHDAY ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND SHE IS GOING TO BE SEVENTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)

People were serious when they said that the time goes by super fast. I feel like yesterday Dad and I were sitting in the Portland airport talking about how the time would go by. He said something that will stay with me forever. "You don't have to go, but you should." Every hard day I can hear those words ringing in my ear. This is what I should, or need to be doing. And I know it. I have already had people say to me that I came just at the right time for them. I am so grateful to be here. HOW GREAT IS MY CALLING!!! (So great.) (<--- Sorry, mission inside joke. ;) )
This last week i got the best and worst texts in my whole mission! One of our investigators sent us a 76-page text message saying... not nice things. To me specifically, she texted "That ill-advised Miss Fields asked me what I'd done to 'remember the Sabbath & keep it holy ' ... well, it varies as duz life's paths. But it duznt say 'remember the Sabbath and keep iit holy....by going anywhere uncluding church.' I must say I saw that question not as legitimate but as an 'aha! Gotcha!' I advise u select a more sincere approach by beginning with a more sincere approach." She continues with "U dont seem to know how or be willing to back up what u say. Ur declarations have no validity."
Wow. STAB! She put me in a little rut. I felt as if I didn't have adequate teaching skills to be on a mission. Seriously, sad night. However the next day.. maybe two days later I got the best text message EVER!! Sister Neider, our mission president's wife, sent " thank you for a sweet closing statement of today.!! U brought a wonderful spirit sis Fields."
And in my interview with the President he said I am a "wonderful example of a young missionary, and excellent trainer and a fantastic person." WOO! He specifically told me my strengths as a missionary and a few things I need to work on. It was so good. And I realized I am a good missionary. I don't have to have every lesson be a perfect, baptizing lesson to be a good missionary.
Friday night we had the Family History sisters spend the night. They met with some of our investigators (Oh... we have 17 now. BOOM!) on Friday at our Family History Center to teach them about how to do that. I loved it. I will attach a few pictures! :) Their names are Sister Monson and Sister De Greif.
ALSO, CAN I PLEASE JUST SAY HOW MUCH I LOVE MY COMPANION?! Sister Pence does the black lady voice, and a little kid voice... It cracks me up. I probably cry so hard I laugh pants ten times a week. :) She makes the days long, in a good way. When we walk away from a disappointing house she just lifts me right back up. I am happy to have her here with me! :)
Good quote from this week: "Oh, I miss your brother." Sister Pence said this to me when I was telling her the millionth story about Eli. I talk about him a lot... And I carry his picture (and my family picture) to brag about how cute he is. :)
I love you all!
God be with you!!
Hugs from Havasu!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment