Monday, November 25, 2013

time always goes by so slow when you don't know what's going on



This week has been long. We found out what has happened for transfers. Sister Fields is....Staying! Holidays in Sunrise! WITH SISTER PIERSON!!! Yay! Sister Crowe is going to another area. We are not sure yet. But we are staying and I am happy. I am looking forward to a successful and lovely transfer! :)

First item of ward business IT RAINED THIS WEEK! I AM SO HAPPY! AND I LOVED IT! And people kept asking "Are you sisters melting?" NOPE. I'M DANCING! :) I loved the familiar smells and feelings. It got down to 42, and I was pretty much freezing to death, but I didn't care. In fact, quite the opposite. I forgot how much I love rain. Being on a mission far away from any thing "homey" makes me really appreciate what I have. :)

I also got the most envy causing package from my family that any missionary has or will ever see. People were taking bets to see if there would be a Christmas tree or a memeber of my family in it. It was 50 pounds and didn't fit in our car so the zone leaders had to drop it off. I am so grateful for my new camera so in celebration I am emailing pictures home today!!! Also, Dad. Thank you so much for the bear. I am so grateful to be able to hear your voice whenever I want. 

Yesterday was Sunrise Stake Conference and President and Sister Neider talked and they did a great job. Also, our Ward Mission Leader spoke. Can you guess what the theme was? Missionary work. Only my favorite thing! :) 

We are teaching this awesome kid named Jesus. We knocked on his door and he welcomed us in and wanted to study right away. It was so weird, but a good kind of weird! I love to see how the Lord prepares people to receive our message. We also taught Brittany. She paused for a moments after we asked her if she had any questions. She said "No..... I really know that The Book of Mormon can answer my questions." Denise went to that lesson with us and her insights, I believe, were what testified to the truthfulness of our message. :)

Sister Coltrin is training! I am going to be a GRANDMA. Now I'm gonna have two little grand daughters. I know that she will do an amazing job. She is still a piece of my heart! Sister Berger, Pence and I are SO EXCITED TO go to Jackie's baptism this Friday. I love her... SO MUCH! And I look forward to spending time with my besties on the road trip! :) 

This is going to be a good week. I can feel it. Please pray for me though. I am still trying to heal. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be a missionary. I love wearing skirts. I love waking up at 6:15. I love teaching. I love listening. I love praying. I love my family, and I know that being here is blessing y'all. I love promising a change of life to people. I love being here. I love VEGAS> AND I JUST LOVE IT MORE THAN CAP LOCKS WILL EVER KNOW!!! :) 

Smiles from Sunrise!
Sister Fields <3

No comments:

Post a Comment