Monday, February 24, 2014

I fell like last P-day was 9 years ago... Why does time feel so fast, though??



Let me tell you about a miracle that happened this week. So we got a referral from the Morning Sun Ward sisters and it was for a man named Rafael in apartments on Lake Mead. I wasn't feeling the best so I laid down during lunch to sleep before going to contact the referral.. We ended up sleeping 30 minutes longer than we should have. So we shot up and away we went to find Rafael. I turned into the complex and totally passed it on accident. We turned around the corner of a building and this rather large man kinda stares at us then starts walking toward the car waving us to come to him...
Everyone. Meet the hand Christ. The man is 27 and he is what we would consider a "former investigator." He has had a super hard life and it has just gotten worse when he found out his girlfriend of four year (who was in jail during the conversation for DUI) cheated on him. He was describing his heart break and it made me so sad. He is a big, Hispanic, man and he was crying. It's so crazy to listen to his story. He explained that he was praying for the first time in his LIFE out loud. He was kneeling on the floor in the middle of his humble living room and he was crying out loud to God that he just needed someone to talk to that could point him in the right direction of what to do with his life- cue missionaries stage left!
I have such a testimony of being in the right place at the right time! :) Chris said one of the most beautiful prayers I have ever heard in my life. He prayed to God and thanked him for "soliders (us) to help him [fight] in the war between good and evil." And it didn't stop there... This is one of those moments I will have on replay when we have our all knowing iPads in Heaven. :) Chris is having a difficulty progressing because of all his past vices and... well a lot of things. But we will continue to work with him for another could of weeks or so. He said that all he really really wants is peace in his heart. That is something I have found in the gospel and it is something I want to help HIM find!! :)
Funny quote of the week:
"What is a grapefruit spoon even used for?? It's not even useful."
"Unless you have a grapefruit."
Our favorite investigator broke up with us this week. It was tear filled but he had very valid points and we had to respect his decision. I might write more about it next week... still a little fresh wound. I have no doubt that the Lord is looking out for David. I know that he is a son of God and that he means a lot to Him! I know that David is smart and that a lot of things will point him back to the truth. Man, I just love him so much!! :)

Sorry... I am running out of time so I am bullet pointing all the rest of the things that happened this week:
  • Sister Kelepi was sick so I went crazy being home for 1 1/2 days
  • We taught a lesson to a devout Jewish man!
  • I did Leilani's hair and make up for a dance and she looked GREAT!
  • We stayed on track during weekly planning for the first time since Kelepi and I have been companions...
  • WE GOT PIZZA HUT STUFFED CRUST PIZZA!!
  • I had 2 doctor's appointments :) Woop for leaving the mission twice. Routine stuff.
  • District meeting was inspiring, and at the beginning we all introduced ourselves and asked odd questions. I was asked "If you were to pick which crystal was in your light-saber which would you choose?" and "Are you closer to your Mom or Dad?" I said they're both about 1,000 miles away. It depends if Dad's at work or not.... hahahaha. #FieldsHumor
  • We had dinner at Macayo's. I love Macayo's.
Over all it was a pretty normal, busy, boring missionary week. I am just a happy person today :)

WRITE ME!
Sister Molly "the coolest ever" Fields
Nevada Las Vegas Mission
9270 S. Maryland Pkwy
Las Vegas, Nevada 89123

No comments:

Post a Comment