Monday, May 27, 2013

Hey remember that one time I wrote a really long email? Me neither...



We come to the Family History Center to do emailing. The ward FH director opens the door for us and has the computers all set up. She is so sweet, and always has sweet for us. Last week it was brownies, this week it is Twix. Yummy. It so nice!! We just sit and munch and talk to our families. It's pretty awesome. :)

Quote of the week: "It's like if the Holy Ghost took the form of an Elephant, sat on my head and screamed 'If you don't say this RIGHT NOW I'm going to fart!!'" May 23rd, 2012. 

This week has been so packed! I loved it!! We had exchanges twice this week. Exchanges are switching for 24 hours with your leaders so you can work on improving your missionary skills, and leadership skills. Sister Berger (my last companion, whom I love!) is our Sister Training Leader. She is in Kingman with Sister Jenson-Coon. Kingman is up in the mountains about an hour and twenty minutes away from us, towards Vegas. On Tuesday I was here in Havasu with Sister JCoon, and Saturday I was in Kingman with Sister Berger. Tuesday was so good! We had a few appointments, a few lessons to investigators with members there, and went to the Haucks for dinner! It was so good. Sister JCoon is really good at talking about the restored gospel in street contacting. She is so proud of what she believes! When people say their beliefs she respects that, but testifies that she knows there is a prophet on Earth today to lead and guide people to Christ. I think people listen so intently because she make it exciting and like a story that will change their life. (HEY WAIT! It is kinda... but for reals though.) On Saturday in Kingman we had FOUR LTMs (Lessons taught to investigators with members) That's how Saturday's go. At dinner we went to a family with four children. The father was baptized on December 15, and he baptized his wife and children on December 22! He teared up when he said "greatest Christmas present a man could get." The humility!! They are such a BOOM Mormon!! family. When I asked them how long they had been married the wife answered 18 years next month, and they HIGH FIVE'D!! It was probably the sappiest, cutest thing I have seen. They talked about how they have always seen God in their life but didn't realize it was Him until the missionaries told them. "We don't do enough for you, you gave us our salvation," he said. OH MY GOSH! They are such a wonderful example of a righteous family. The 16 year-old girl was being picked up for a date and we all went to the door and the dad had "the talk" with him, in front of EVERYONE. SO entertaining. (PS, ELI>>> She is super pretty! And tall, and smart and plays sports... yup. okay, I'm done.) I just loved being in their home. (OH! And she'll go on a mission, and be back like 6 months after you get back. Okay NOW I'm done.) 

I am going out to Kingman again tonight to stay with Sister JCoon, and next Tuesday I will have Sister Berger here in Havasu. It will be just like old times. Weird. I'm on my third companion... and they're all my SISTERS!! Mom... I hope you know they are all coming to live with us after the mission. So yeah. :) They are part of the family. 

I had no idea how much I knew in the scriptures. When we were going up to Kingman I realized I forgot my quad (Book of Mormon, Bible, Doctrine & Covenants and Pearl of Great Price all in one) so we called and asked if we should turn around. Sister Berger said had an extra for me to use. I knew it would not be worth the miles or the time to turn around but I was certainly afraid I wasn't going to be able to share any scriptures because I have my quad color coded and really organized with tabs and markings. I thought "well, I might as well just pray." And I can testify to you that my prayer was answered! I opened up to scriptures that were marked in mine without hesitation. I opened up to them quickly and when they were applicable!! It was so good! I even found a few new scriptures that I want to mark in mine!! I was so happy at me! :)
(Name that quote: "I'm so happy at me." "I'm happy at you, too." :D)

In the temple last Friday I thought out a youth activity! We are doing a missionary night. Not a night for them to bring friends but a night to learn how to help friends come to the gospel. We are going to focus on four things; invite, encourage, testify and love. They are going to do a real play (because the spirit doesn't mess around.) AND IT WILL BE AMAZING!  The Acoma Elders and us Crossman Peak Sisters here are going to make all of these chillens YEARN to share da gospel!! IT'S GOING TO BE SO GOOD! 

Also, Acoma asked us to sing in their sacrament meeting next Sunday. It's fast Sunday but they want us to do the same song we sang last week. Woo hoo. Gettin' requests now. :P 

Have I told y'alls that I love being a missionary? Because I do. I have grown so much as a person and a daughter, and a friend. (I think I'm actually a little taller too... :/ ) It's amazing how much I am capable of with the Lord's help. I feel FULL of the spirit everyday, and I never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever want to lose that feeling. It was amazing how there are moments I can feel my self being raised because of the spirit, or... distracted, in a way, from the unrighteous feelings that go on around us. It's so awesome and weird.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!
Hugs from Havasu 
Sister SO SO SO SO HAPPY Fields

#sometimesImissTwitter....
I have so many funny one liners here in the field. I'm going to keep a journal and eventually tweet them. @mollyonamission!

No comments:

Post a Comment