Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I looked out the window and what did I see? HOT.



Well, it got up to a nice 131* this week. Lets just say that I am beyond the point of 100* feeling hot. We sat on the roof (actually... I don't know if I should tell you this :P) on the evening of Independence Day and watched the fireworks from all around. It was beautiful and I was so excited it was "cooling down'" little did I know it was 102* at 9:45 at night. YUP> THAT'S HOW ACCLIMATED I AM. It's ridiculous. 

This week has been so awesome. We have been busy with all the normal, awesome, crazy things that go along with missionary work. I am excited to be a missionary at this time. We had the opportunity to teach Relief Society about... MISSIONARY WORK! We did the same thing we did for the youth, but for the women. Sister Pence is such a good teacher and we built off each others strengths. It was a GREAT lesson. After the class we had a few women walk up to us and tell them about some people who are prepared in their life to receive the gospel. One lady invited us over that evening to meet with her son and his friend. Jake is the friend's name and they really remind me of Jake and Eli! We committed him to baptism and he said he wants to share this message of happiness with his family. HOW CRAZY. I love knowing that the Lord inspired our minds to be able to say the things that Sister Taigen needed to hear to feel comfortable and confident in us with her loved ones. I love the gospel. :)

There is not too much this week planned, but we look forward to every days unexpected business. :)
Please let me know if you have any questions. I would work better if you asked me questions that I could respond to. I feel like you already know what all is going on, because I want you to! :)

I hope all of y'alls Independence Days' were great! :)

Hugs from Havasu!
~Sister Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment