Monday, September 30, 2013

This week... this week.



Let me start off this letter to the family by saying how much I love Chaunee Olsen. She is so awesome. She is preparing to leave on her mission. She leaves 24 days from today to serve in the chilly Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She is going to be one great missionary. I look to her as an example of courage and strength as well as knowledge and endurance. She has been going a little back and forth on the decision but we all did. Right? I have known all along that she would be looking at this as the best decision she has ever made. I love her, and I am grateful to be part of her story. She IS the bomb dot com! 
We are still teaching Kevin. He is super cool. The Lord has been preparing him a lot longer than any of us realize. As we teach the lessons he is telling us of the things he has stopped doing to make his Father in Heaven proud. I am grateful for him and his understanding of the gospel. What he looks forward to, the most, is sitting in a church pew with his young family. Isn't that crazy? What a righteous desire for a 20 year old in 2013 to have. 
We took our investigator, David, on a Plan of Salvation temple tour. He had so many good questions. We start in the beginning and talking about how we once lived with Heavenly Father. It was awesome to see the light in his eyes when we explained the we are all His spirit children. We went through the garden in the front describing it as the Garden of Eden and explained the story of Adam and Eve. It's really awesome because there is a tree that is darker and farther back than all the rest. We show the parallel from this tree to the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and the sin and temptation we have here on Earth. There are some steps shortly after that signify the fall of Adam and Eve. We then walk around a long path along the side the temple. We walked slowly and talked about the steps Heavenly Father asks us to take in this life; faith, leading us to repent and change our life to receive more happiness, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and following the daily steps to stay on this long path. When we talk about the spirit world and how we are all promised a second chance, David really felt Heavenly Father's love. He expressed how it just makes sense that us on Earth, who have bodies, can stand in the place of those who have died and be baptized for them. He wants to give his family that chance. We talked a little farther about how our bodies will be reunited with our spirits and we will have them in a perfect form at the resurrection. We explained a little about the judgement process with Jesus Christ and how we will go to one of the heavens that our Father has mercifully prepared for us. David.. .changed. His interest level sky rocketed and he was at church!! I am so happy to have this knowledge. I feel love from my family all around because of it, and it makes me want to work super hard to have an eternal life with them!
Dillan, one of our other investigators, (we have a lot right now) hasn't talked to us in, like, 2 weeks. Until Sunday. When he unexpectedly came to church... and BORE HIS TESTIMONY IN SACRAMENT MEETING. Apparently (we weren't there... I'll say why in the next paragraph...) he talked about his relationship with God and how he loves to pray. He bore his testimony of the reality of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. Like, WHAT THE HECK MARIO. It was crazy. Everyone came us to ask "did you hear what happened?!" It was awesome to hear he is progressing without talking to us. hahahaha... I guess. :P
We helped Elders Lovell and Mojica with the missionary mania thing. It's cool to see that something that came from my brain, with the inspiration from God of course, is getting spread. I have a passion for working with the youth. I now that they are the future!! I am excited to do something that could have such far reaching effects. :) I think I want to work with the youth when I get home. I don't know... I don't think about going home :P Anyways we did it in two different wards for third hour in church.

I loved the Relief Society Broadcast. 
We have a new investigator named Jacob. 
I love Ms. McDade. She is a member of our ward and I love her. Yeah, I love her.
Elders in our zone were poaching (stealing) an investigator from us.
We walked the last 3 days of the month. 
The Prophet, President Monson, is called of God. 
We went on exchanges and Sister Cooper jumped on my lap when a dog barked at her in a lesson.

Smiles from Sunrise
~Sister Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment