Monday, June 30, 2014

Man, sometimes too hard just feels so good.



This week has been a stretch. I wish there were words for the tired that I feel. I have been out for 16 months now (my stomach drops when I say that... every time) and I have worked all that I have for that long. I am emotionally, physically, spiritually and emotionally exhausted and I LOVE it. I just keep falling into my next step and I really truly believe that it is by the grace of God. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the truth that I have that fuels me to just keep going. We have set some pretty high goals for the next two and a half months that really need your prayers and your faith to accomplish. 

Sister Tuimaualunga (Sister Tui for short) is my new companion. She is here straight from the MTC! She is a fire ball! I love to feed off her fire. She is from American Samoa, so sometimes we need to just agree that neither one of us understands what the other is saying. I am grateful for the opportunity to learn and love her culture in our home. 

This week we had a miracle lesson with a new investigator. Her name is Brett and she is a college professor. We knocked on her door and she opened it and let us in like she was expecting us. She asked why people are baptized and what it takes to be baptized. We taught the restoration of the gospel and it seemed like right before every point of the lesson SHE asked a question that led up to it. You can really tell that God has been preparing her to learn what we taught her that day.

Also, yesterday in church we had a musical program the last hour! It was cool to hear people bear their testimonies through song! I have found that music is really a perfect conduit for the spirit! I love to listen to the words of the hymns in church now- they share a unique message that I hadn't noticed before listening to the services with investigator ears again! 

I hope that each of you are happy this Independence Day! I am grateful to be serving in the Promised Land! One nation
under God, with liberty and justice for all has proved to ring true in my ears! I love my Savior, and I am grateful for Am'ricuh!

;) With all my love,
 Sister Fields


Meet Sister Tuimaualuga 






                                                        (Too-eee-moww-uh-lune-guh)

No comments:

Post a Comment