Monday, March 31, 2014

I AM GOING TO ANTHEM!!! :)



So I am being transferred to Anthem Stake. Which, rumor has it, it is the highest tithing paying stake in the world... I am not sure if it is true or not. But I would like to think that. I am excited to go from covering three stakes to one ward the size of my PINKY NAIL! I am going to be able to walk the area... 100 times a day! Sister Stoker is going to be my new companion. I am BEYOND excited to be a companion with a Sister Training Leader. I hope that we finally get to go on exchanges with other STLs. I think that will benefit a lot of sisters. I am just excited for this transfer. I am praying for humility- so pray for me!! :) We, Sister Stoker and I, have decided that we are not going to use the car at all. not for meetings, not for anything. We are even going to ride our bikes to church. 

This week has been crazy. This morning we have been going crazy at the Nellis Air Force Base! I will have to send pictures next week. I love it so much- I am really going to miss this area. I am pleased with the way I am leaving it though- there are many people set for baptism and people who are dedicated to living this gospel more. I have seen an IMMENSE change in Temple View YSA. I am grateful for all my friends that I have made here in Sunrise! GAH! I just wish that I could express in words what this ward has done for me. I have been doing a little too much expressing in tears lately... Anyways! about what happened this week.

We taught A MILLION lessons. I am so happy :) We have been working really hard with the people who are border line and seeing if they will progress or should be dropped until they are ready to do more. OH FUNNY THING: Here is an example of one not ready to make commitments to the Lord. We went to a lesson with a guy named Brian. First sign: he opened the door with no shirt on, and didn't put one on until we had asked him to. We continued on to say the opening prayer and read 1st Nephi chapter 1 to get a jump start on his reading with him. There is a verse at the end of that chapter that talks about tender mercies and we explained what that meant to each of us. Second sign: he answered with sex and drugs... YUP. Moving on. He is just a goof that need to grow up just a little (and I mean this in the nicest of ways) so that he will be more willing to keep commitments. 

Example of someone who IS prepared: Joe! He was meeting with us for a while when Sister Kelepi first got here but then a lot of hard things were happening in his life so he decided that he wanted to take a break. He came to church last week (he called a member all on his own for a ride) and he told us he needed to set up a time to meet with us. We taught him solid for a week- when he was running a few minutes behind he would call and let us know where he was at. He called frantic when he couldn't find his Book of Mormon... Yesterday we had a lesson with him and we invited him to be baptized when he told us that he was praying about a date for a while. He wants to be baptized on his birthday at the end of April. It will be his REbirthday too! :)

This has been a miraculous week. I am really grateful to have had Sister Kelepi as a companion. She has a tender spot in my heart. I love to wake up and see her smile every morning. I love that she has a sense of humor that can keep me laughing all day long. I love that we can play pranks and poke on each other and just... be myself! In fact-- last night I bit a tiny whole in the bottom of my water bottle and squirted at her while she was driving to our last appointment. When she tried to grab it from me to throw it out the window, I just reached over and took the cap off. It went ALL OVER her lap!! It was definitely one of the funniest things that has happened in a long time! :)

Smiling in Sunrise- for one more day! 
Sister Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment