Monday, August 25, 2014

It seems like the whole world is ticking to a count down clock. It makes me dizzy...



So here is the news for my last transfer: there were so many changes in the mission! There is one companionship of Sister Training Leaders per zone, acting as a sort of sister zone leaders. So STLs will not be trainers anymore, which is fun because it spreads the responsibility. I think it will give more sisters the opportunity to have a voice in the mission :) Sister Tui and I are lucky to stay together in this area. A lot of sisters were split up from their six weeks old companions. There was a wave of emotion that swept over our mission. I am grateful to stay in this area. Even though it is difficult to find and teach here, we are working hard and we have faith that we will see the "fruits of our labors." 
We taught a beautiful family this week! A couple of months ago we street contacted a lady named Sandy. I don't remember if I told the story but Sandy and her friend had recently gotten back from Book of Mormon: the musical, so they sang our names to us. It was so cute. We knocked on the door and she opened it and smiled the biggest smile. "Please come in, girls!" and she hugged us! I felt like I was walking into a part of my families home after a long time away from each other. She is so kind. We taught the Restoration. During the first vision her eyes were locked on mine and she got really teary eyed. She couldn't say anything more than wow. Over and over. Wow, wow, wow. Isn't that awesome? We showed her scriptures in the Bible that support the Book of Mormon and vice-verse. She was so impressed and accepted it all in!
A fun thing that happened this week was going to Red Robin. We got our transfer doctrine on Saturday and hear two other sisters talking about how they didn't have a dinner appointment. So we all planned to meet at Red Robin. One of the sisters, whom I love with my whole heart, goes home tomorrow. So before she came in we told the waiter it was her birthday... A small fib :P When she walked in the restaurant we all yelled happy birthday to her. (Shout our to mi hermanita Sister Furstenau!) I felt to like a real person again for a short time. Sitting around the table getting our mind off the stress of missionary work was so therapeutic for all of us, I think. :) 
Oh! And we fasted on the 31st for miracles everyday in August! :) We know The Lord will hear our prayers. Sister Tui's poly-faith is literally the best thing that happened to me! She is so focused on doing what God wants done that there isn't room for anything else. She is incredible- and she is training me! We are going to work so hard these next two short weeks!!! 
Another fun thing- we are teaching the Little family, meaning Lavern Little and her husband. She is 4'11". And her last name really is Little. I'm pretty much really happy whenever I think about that. It's the little things in life, right? 
AND I FINISHED EVERYTHING FOR MY SCHOOL APPLICATIONS! I feel like a big girl. :) I am excited for this week. I just feel like things are just going to keep getting better and better. Thank you for listening to me rant about my weeks. It is so nice to be able to reflect on what has happened, count my blessings, and see how I can improve. Please keep the Paseo Verde ward in your prayers!  
I love you all. Especially Mom and Dad, you are my favorites! Hope you have a miracle filled week.

OH! And my David is getting baptized on Saturday. I wrote a lot about him when I was serving in Sunrise. He is in my top five favorite people I have taught my whole mission. Sister Coltrin and I get to be companions again for a day and go to the baptism together. I am going to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. He is so dear to my heart. I am so happy to be a part of his re-birth day!!! :)

Con amour,
Sister Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment